PDA

View Full Version : Controlling whether dimstyles are overwritten when using Design Center

BrenBren
2004-09-21, 04:16 PM
This thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=8486) made me remember something that would be nice. I wish that, when using the design center to insert dimstyles, text styles, layers, etc, into a drawing, we could control whether or not the current one is overwritten

Let me explain that a little better. I have a dimstyle in a drawing called "standard". I realize that myself or whoever created that style "standard" did something wrong. I would like to open up my template drawing and reinsert "standard" into the existing drawing. The command line reads something like "styles with same name will not imported". I want the ability to override that, and say that I do want the one in the current drawing to be overwritten with the one from my template drawing

Glenn Pope
2004-09-21, 04:53 PM
That would be nice. Gets my vote:beer:

Spectrefish
2004-09-21, 07:11 PM
Would it work to set up a .dws and just run a standards check? When I do this, if there is anything wrong with a certain dimstyle it tells me and allows me to fix it right away.

jpaulsen
2004-10-29, 03:10 PM
This is a very useful override. It should work when inserting dimensions with insert command as well as with DC.

jaberwok
2004-10-29, 07:03 PM
I use dimstyleimport (Express Tools) for this. It now works without crashing acad.