PDA

View Full Version : Material Mapping

Jun Austria
2008-08-04, 01:15 AM
I'm using RA2009. And I also using 3dsmax Design 2009. Sometimes I do my rendering in RA2009 due to time constraint. My question is...

How to align a material bitmap on the object in Revit? Like the UVW Mapping in 3dsmax.

twiceroadsfool
2008-08-04, 02:18 AM
You dont. :(

luigi
2008-08-04, 02:36 AM
It isn't friendly like in max, but you are able to align the texture in the actual material...it's just as bad as back in accurender, but it is possible....although I haven't tried it...wasn't in a situation to try it.....look at the material...there is a texture alignment...rendered material in relation to the surface pattern...so if you want a different alignment for different objects, you need to have multiple materials...just like it was in accurender (not friendly at all)

I'm using RA2009. And I also using 3dsmax Design 2009. Sometimes I do my rendering in RA2009 due to time constraint. My question is...

How to align a material bitmap on the object in Revit? Like the UVW Mapping in 3dsmax.

Jun Austria
2008-08-04, 06:40 AM
Bummer. I guessed I just have to close one eye and hit render. Thanks guys. Hoping this will improve soon.

luigi
2008-08-04, 01:20 PM
Well, actually, what I wrote about needing 1 material for each mapping, is not fully true...if your surface pattern is correct, then aligning the bitmap rendering material to the surface pattern works...it's just that the interface of the texture alignment isn't friendly....you don't have to close 1 eye...unless you are using a magnifying glass to see the texture alignment option :D

Bummer. I guessed I just have to close one eye and hit render. Thanks guys. Hoping this will improve soon.