PDA

View Full Version : Linetype Scale

kathy71046
2008-08-04, 06:31 AM
I have scoured the help files and a lot of topics in the forums, but I can't find any way of scaling the linetype.

I have a 2-D (for now) object I need on my plans, and the circle should be a hidden line, but when inserted at 1:200 scale there are too few dashes and it looks terrible.

I can't find any instruction on defining my own linetype so I can adjust the spacing, and am about to (against my better judgement) simply import an acad drawing that has a better scaling.

Can anyone tell me either how to define my own type, or point me at a blog/tutorial/whatever that will give me some clue?

Firmso
2008-08-04, 06:43 AM
Settings> Line Patterns> New

kathy71046
2008-08-05, 12:55 AM
Awsome, that's much better than importing "almost right" lines.

Now that I know they're called line "patterns" I can even find info in the help files.

Maybe there should be a section for "translation" to help users with the changes in terminology.

Firmso
2008-08-05, 01:07 AM
Awsome, that's much better than importing "almost right" lines.

Now that I know they're called line "patterns" I can even find info in the help files.

Maybe there should be a section for "translation" to help users with the changes in terminology.
That's a good suggestion. Why don't you submit a Wishlist?

patricks
2008-08-05, 01:09 PM
Revit Architecture 2009 User's Guide > Customizing Project Settings > Line Patterns > Creating a Line Pattern.