PDA

View Full Version : File size resolution?

mitch.cornelius
2008-08-04, 07:31 PM
Just a quick note...

I am modeling a 10 story, 300,000 SF building and am about 4 floors up now. I went through and placed the rooms for all 4 floors in one swipe (about 400). I noticed my file size jump from about 9 mb to 50 mb immediately. After further completion of the model, I've enclosed every room and eliminated any "redundant rooms" or "unenclosed" rooms (probably 200). Once this was finished the file size went back down to 11 mb. I was even down to only 15 or 20 of these unenclosed or redundant rooms at one point and the file size was still 48 mb. I guess i didn't realize the effect of unenclosed/redundant rooms on a projects file size before!

Liz437
2008-08-04, 09:32 PM
We've seen similar things happen in our models; we think that the massive jump is because of how Revit processes warnings- that it is constantly trying to solve errors & can cycle through them continually causing file size to bloat. Not exactly your room problem, but I'm sure that generated quite a few errors as well!!

We’ve tried to use the best-practice of clearing out warnings as they happen or at the end of every day, which really seems to help keep our file size down.

Probably basic info to most people; but it always helps to remember the basics!!