PDA

View Full Version : no roof hatch with underlay on plan views

ray salmon
2008-08-04, 08:22 PM
want to show the roof outline edges of a roof on the floor plan view as an underlay
but the shingle hatch also shows. and see no way to turn that off for that view

I do obviously want the hatch to show in ext elevation views but if I turn it off in a floor plan underlay it is off in exterior views also....

the roof edges are critical to show in the plan view in that there are many skylight and many posts in the walls to hold up the ridges...

thot hatches could be view specific

ray

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-04, 08:33 PM
I like to use the Linework tool. Underlay your roof, select Linework tool (like overhead line style), pick the edges of the roof and once it is done, turn off underlay. The roof will disappear but the linework still shows. This is also interesting because if you change the roof, the linework will update the changes.

If you still want to use the roof as underlay, you can select it, right click, override graphics in view, by element, make the surface pattern invisible.

Andre Carvalho

ray salmon
2008-08-04, 09:01 PM
turning off surface patterns in override was spice I was reaching for...

low surf today..... and very hot..

r

Jun Austria
2008-08-05, 12:15 AM
I like to use the Linework tool. Underlay your roof, select Linework tool (like overhead line style), pick the edges of the roof and once it is done, turn off underlay. The roof will disappear but the linework still shows. This is also interesting because if you change the roof, the linework will update the changes.

If you still want to use the roof as underlay, you can select it, right click, override graphics in view, by element, make the surface pattern invisible.

Andre Carvalho

This is the ONLY thing I like in Archicad. You draw the roof and the indication of roof above is indicated on the floor below the roof. This should go in the wish list.