PDA

View Full Version : Dependant views with elevations

benmay
2008-08-05, 01:14 PM
I am currently setting up a series of core elevations on a 10 storey building, on a A1 sheet I need to split up the elevation and I will place side by side on my sheets.

To do this I have setup dependant views for all my walls which are designated part 1 or 2, that way at the overlapping section of wall I can co-ordinate my detailing

I did this for 20 elevations before I realised that I now have two elevation call-outs in my plan. One for the parent elevation and one for the dependant, not to mention when I have my elevations overlapping at say level 03, where I have 3 callouts!

Is there anyway to not have the callouts showing for the dependant views? or do I have to manually turn these things off? Or a better way to acheive what I am doing here?

Many thanks,

aggockel50321
2008-08-05, 03:08 PM
Try this:

Go to one dependent view, turn of the callout and any other stuff you don't want to see.

Create a view template of that view.

Select all the other dependent views in the project browser, then apply the view template to the selected views.

benmay
2008-08-05, 04:35 PM
Not sure if I made my original post clear enough, I have my plan view, my elevation call-out is in plan view, my elevation is too tall for 1 sheet, so to help co-ordinate I have split into two dependant views.

But now back in plan view, I have both the parent elevation call-up and the dependant call-up in the plan view over the top of each other.