PDA

View Full Version : Can you restore deleted elevation tags in a plan view

3dway
2008-08-05, 07:51 PM
I deleted the elevation tags in my plan view a while back before I knew that was a bad idea. I have sheets set up and don't want to insert new views just to get the callout tags back.

Is there a way to get the tags back on the plan view without re-creating the views?

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-05, 08:39 PM
Elevation tags are system families. Deleting them will delete your elevation views too. That said, if you still have your elevation views, then probably your elevation tags are just hidden. Have you checked your Visibility/Graphics overrides?

Andre Carvalho

3dway
2008-08-05, 08:43 PM
Ah yes.

Ok the problem now is that I have two plans which are almost the same. One is a design plan and one will be the working drawing. Two of the elevations were created in the design plan. I need to migrate thes to the other plan. I think on plan is dependant on the other, because the design plan has all of the elevation tags there but hidden. The working drawing is missing two.

I guess it has to do with when and how the duplicate plan was created?

3dway
2008-08-05, 08:57 PM
OK, I was wrong again.

For some reason when I put the view into a sheet and turn crop region on, the elevation references disapear.

I'm going to need a way around this.

3dway
2008-08-05, 09:01 PM
OK.

The cut line for the elevation ended up outside the crop region. I had to select the triangle part of the elevation reference and make sure the cut line fell within the crop region. I can see this causing problems with sheet layouts on projects where the building is an unusual shape.