PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Error

photography67836
2004-09-21, 07:25 PM
Hi group.

We're having this message come up several times a day. The computers are running the latest video drivers, and I have tried turning off the "use openGL acceleration if supported" toggle under options. Brand new 2.8 Pentiums, with MSI Geforce 2 cards. No matter what, we seem to keep getting this message and it automatically closes the current window.

Ideas?

Thanks,

sbrown
2004-09-21, 08:17 PM
Is it a specific view? I have seen this error many times in the past and it is usually a problem with a certain item in a view or just a problem with the view itself. Try deleting the problem view and recreating it. If that doesn't work then check if there are any unusual dwgs or geometry in the view that maybe a problem.

Wes Macaulay
2004-09-21, 08:19 PM
Keep your OpenGL acceleration on... you've got a bad object somewhere in the view, or the view itself may be corrupt.

Suspect object types: railings, stairs, windows. See if there's a common object in the views.

Try creating a new plan view or section in the same place.

photography67836
2004-10-14, 05:30 PM
Hi Revit Enthusiasts,

This error has not been gone away, in fact it is increasing in frequency in the last few days. I just checked for a new build (just in case) but no luck. I wish I could "rebuild" the project, but it isn't possible.

To the developers: This is just my opinion, but although there are too many incredible features to list in an incredibly powerful program, it's the daily use issues that are important. The graphics windows simply shouldn't be crashing 5-10 times a day, on a brand new PC with all the recommended updates.

Looking forward to version 7.0 - maybe this will be fixed in that version?

Jarod
2004-10-14, 06:09 PM
This is scary to hear, I'm new to Revit and I thought Revit was pretty rock solid. Is this really happening a lot? or just seems that way...I have not had this happen to me yet but most of my work so far has been small rez, 3000/4000 sq ft.

photography67836
2004-10-14, 06:12 PM
Hi Jarod,

It's only been happening on this one project. Revit has been pretty stable otherwise. Glad to see you're on board! It's a one heck of a program.

gregcashen
2004-10-14, 07:15 PM
Hi Revit Enthusiasts,

This error has not been gone away, in fact it is increasing in frequency in the last few days. I just checked for a new build (just in case) but no luck. I wish I could "rebuild" the project, but it isn't possible.

To the developers: This is just my opinion, but although there are too many incredible features to list in an incredibly powerful program, it's the daily use issues that are important. The graphics windows simply shouldn't be crashing 5-10 times a day, on a brand new PC with all the recommended updates.

Looking forward to version 7.0 - maybe this will be fixed in that version?

Hi Jason,

I don't think anyone is suggesting you rebuild the project. The suggestion was to rebuild the view. Delete the view you currently have problems with, then recreate the view. You did not mention which type of view this is, but I have had problems in the past with 3D views that had a "bad" element in it. It was by no means a peristent problem, and I usually fixed it by trying one or several of the following things (in order of the amount of work required):

1. Close the project and reopen it.
2. Saveas the project and just give it the same name as before (saveas tends to knock down the size of files by half).
3. Purge the file and get rid of any unused elements that you will not need in the project.
4. Copy the view. Delete the original. See if the Copy works.
5. Delete the view and recreate it from scratch.

If all else fails, send the file to Revit Support. That is what they are there for.

FK
2004-10-14, 07:51 PM
Does this happen with only one file? We take issues like this very seriously (and they don't seem to be very frequent), we may go as far as fixing the file or the product itself for you, but you have to contact the client support first!

photography67836
2004-10-14, 08:47 PM
Gregcashen & FK,

Thanks for the reply.

I will take the steps you (Gregcashen) suggested (mixed with some advice from my trusty Revit provider Wes). If that doesn't work I will send the file to Revit Support. It is only in one file, but I am only working on the one file these days.