PDA

View Full Version : Detach/Remove drawings

ekolto
2008-08-06, 02:15 PM
Is there a way to remove a drawing once you've merged it into an NWF? Or atleast hide an entire drawing?

Thanks,
Elliott

amixam
2008-08-06, 02:44 PM
Elliott,

If your NWF is referencing individual files, you can right click on the file name in the selection tree and select delete. You can also hide the models too. NavisWorks will ignore the hidden geometry when you run clash detection.

ekolto
2008-08-06, 04:54 PM
In the selection tree when right clicking I only get two options:

"Import Current Selection"
"Set as Current Selection"

This is in the Clash Detective window, Selection Tab. Is this the tree your talking about?

amixam
2008-08-06, 05:04 PM
You need to right click on the file names under the main selection tree tab. You can access it by going to view/control bars/selection tree or typing Ctrl+F12. The selection tree inside clash detective doesn't contain all of these options.

ekolto
2008-08-06, 07:55 PM
Thanks, I just saw that there's also an icon for it too.

eric.fox
2008-08-06, 10:42 PM
You need to right click on the file names under the main selection tree tab. You can access it by going to view/control bars/selection tree or typing Ctrl+F12. The selection tree inside clash detective doesn't contain all of these options.

Is there a reason why the delete item would be grayed out? Thanks.

amixam
2008-08-06, 11:54 PM
If the individual files were published or saved under an NWD file, you won't be able to delete them from the set, however you can still use the hide command.

eric.fox
2008-08-07, 02:59 PM
If the individual files were published or saved under an NWD file, you won't be able to delete them from the set, however you can still use the hide command.

Thanks for the tip. I had unwisely created an NWD by saving-as rather than publishing, and it locked my NWF up to the new NWD. I tried deleting the NWD but then the NWF still wouldn't reload my merged files. Had to delete my original NWF and rebuild a new one, which works fine now.