PDA

View Full Version : Raster entity thickness???

rick.otoole163354
2008-08-06, 05:44 PM
Can someone tell me how to fix and/or prevent a raster problem I am encountering?

I don't know when it's happening or how, but after I've manipulated a raster file, save it, leave the session, come back another time. The entities are much thicker than they were to start with. Almost to the point where I can't read the text because it has become so thick.

Like I said I have no idea how this is happening, so if anyone out there has a theory, or if they know what is going on, PLEASE, explain what I can do to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

gubitose
2008-08-06, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty new to RVT, but a possible solution may be clicking the "Thin Lines" button located on one of the tool bars.

Jmurphy
2008-08-07, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty new to RVT, but a possible solution may be clicking the "Thin Lines" button located on one of the tool bars.
RVT ? REVIT?

Jmurphy
2008-08-07, 01:00 PM
Try changing the image density, Image > Image Processing> Change Density. Also in the RASTER options there is a default setting under the Image Default tab that is used for new/edited images when you save the image.

Can someone tell me how to fix and/or prevent a raster problem I am encountering?

I don't know when it's happening or how, but after I've manipulated a raster file, save it, leave the session, come back another time. The entities are much thicker than they were to start with. Almost to the point where I can't read the text because it has become so thick.

Like I said I have no idea how this is happening, so if anyone out there has a theory, or if they know what is going on, PLEASE, explain what I can do to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

rick.otoole163354
2008-08-13, 02:06 PM
Murph,

Thanks for responding, however your suggestion did not work. I am attaching a doc file that I hope will illustrate my problem.

Thanks again!

smontgomery545593
2013-02-20, 10:53 AM
Did you ever get a response to this problem? I am having the same issues?

cadtag
2013-02-20, 01:39 PM
uhm. it looks in the doc file as though the raster was cut&pasted -- if you're doing that, DON'T!. just use RD to insert a fresh instance of the raster file.

If you ned to trim it, or clip it, or modify the image somehow, use raster editing software, Gimp, Paint.Net, Photoshop, etc. and then place using RD

BlackBox
2013-02-20, 01:43 PM
Thread officially zombified.