PDA

View Full Version : North Point in Titleblock

peter.giampa
2008-08-07, 05:39 AM
Hi all
I have created an new office title block, and I wish to add a north point family to it. My problem is when I add the titleblock to my project sheets I would like to be able to rotate the north point specific to that project.
I have tried with my limited experience to get it to work but without success.

Any Help would be appreciated.

greg.mcdowell
2008-08-07, 04:58 PM
You could probably do this with an Instance Parameter.

You'll need to use a Reference Line (as opposed to a Plane) to control the rotation and I think you'll be limited to how you can enter the rotation angle (I don't think you can enter a negative number for example).

SCShell
2008-08-08, 02:06 PM
Hey there,

The other way would be to place all 4 (reference north arrows) arrows on your sheet and give each one a visibility Yes/No parameter. That way, you could at least check whichever arrow was to be visible on that particular sheet.
The downside is that it takes another step and it only would work for the 4 main n,s,e,w coordinates. You would have to make an additional "special" one for the odd angled one when needed.
(BTW, I have never put a general north arrow on my title block. Mine are shown strictly in individual the view title for a particular plan view. A have families for all 4 north arrow directions in my view titles. If I need a new individual "reference north arrow, I just create a new family for it and save it.)

Good luck
Steve