PDA

View Full Version : Tagging object in a revit architecture 2009

speedfreak5150
2008-08-07, 11:38 AM
Im new to Revit 08/09. I would like to know how i go about putting I.D tags for each object in a model in 09? Ive got loads of objects to put in and i want these tags to show up in all views and to be able to turn them off & on. It is a project specific number system and may have a number of digits that need to be changed for each tagged object

kathy71046
2008-08-08, 04:00 AM
Tag all not Tagged on the drafting menu should do it. (Just specify the tags you want for each element type, and select the tag to use on untagged items. Warning, it can be messy)

You will need to do it in each view, as tags are view specific, and you can either delete the tag in the views you don't need them, or hide the elements in the view.

speedfreak5150
2008-08-08, 11:33 PM
Thanx for that. Next questions are how do i create Tags and load them into specific catagories? and is it possible to create new catagories of tags?

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-09, 12:55 AM
Thanx for that. Next questions are how do i create Tags and load them into specific catagories? and is it possible to create new catagories of tags?

Go to File > New > Annotation Symbol > Generic Tag > draw your tag > Settings > Family Category and Parameters > select which category your tag is > Load into project.

No, you can't create new categories for tags, but you can use a multi category tag.

Andre Carvalho