PDA

View Full Version : symbol with a leader

thomasf
2008-08-07, 02:02 PM
i just starting a new job someplace where they are serious about Revit; YIPEE!!!

unfortunately, they know about as much as know which isn't a whole lot, yet

I am working on some enlarged restroom plans adding dimensions and keynotes. they have created a generic tag that is hexagon shaped to keynote various fixtures, it was created as a symbol and not a tag so i can't attach a leader to it. their workaround is insert the symbol, leave the field blank and then add regular text w/ a leader and eyeball the placement of the text in the center of the hexagon.

is it possible to create my own tag that is hexagon shaped so i can have a leader and then be able to schedule the fixtures?

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-07, 02:12 PM
Sure. Just start a new family > Annotations > Generic tag > draw your tag > go to Settings > Family Category and parameters > set it to the right category (like lightning fixtures or plumbing fixtures, etc.) > load to the project and the leader will be there as an option (check box).

Andre Carvalho

thomasf
2008-08-07, 03:05 PM
Sure. Just start a new family > Annotations > Generic tag > draw your tag > go to Settings > Family Category and parameters > set it to the right category (like lightning fixtures or plumbing fixtures, etc.) > load to the project and the leader will be there as an option (check box).

Andre Carvalho

and after i load it will it be available as a Tag, a Keynote or a Symbol?

thomasf
2008-08-07, 03:17 PM
OK, i got it to show up as a symbol and the leader is there.

however, the only choice for the leader is the straight one; any way to get eh curved leader as a choice?

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-07, 04:13 PM
any way to get eh curved leader as a choice?

No, I don't think so. You could include it on the tag symbol, but would be VERY hard to control. Probably the best thing is to change the standards to make Revit work for you and not you work for Revit. I would use the straight one and the blue dot to break it in angle.

Andre Carvalho