PDA

View Full Version : Newforma???

guy.messick825831
2008-08-08, 03:56 PM
All,

I'm posting this in the Revit forum, since it seems that a lot of Newforma users are also vangaurds of Revit implemetation as well.

We are looking into a firm wide implemtation of the Newforma Project Center software system, and I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me of your experiences with it. We use Deltek Vision, and the Newforma linking capability looks huge.

Thanks in advance

nnguyen
2008-08-08, 04:26 PM
All,

I'm posting this in the Revit forum, since it seems that a lot of Newforma users are also vangaurds of Revit implemetation as well.

We are looking into a firm wide implemtation of the Newforma Project Center software system, and I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me of your experiences with it. We use Deltek Vision, and the Newforma linking capability looks huge.

Thanks in advance

We are using Newforma Project Center software at our office. We have had some issues with it regarding slowing down our server because of indexing of all the projects that we have on our server so that we can utilize the search option in Newforma. At least we are suspecting that because when we have it off, we have less server issues, but when it is on, we have the nice hour glass show up when we aren't even doing anything on our computer. Besides that, it is a great tool to manage projects, store all project emails, transfer files (no need for ftp sites), and the mark-up tool within the program is very nice. There is probably more capabilities of the program that I am not aware of since I am not a Project Manager or an IT person. But my experience with it has been good (except for the server slow down, which in turns slows down Revit, CAD, and any program that you might use during the day).

guy.messick825831
2008-08-08, 04:41 PM
Ngan,

Thanks for the reply. FYI, Newforma recommends an additional indexing server to take the load off your file server - you might have IT look into this. Interestingly, the server requirements are minimal, mostly processing power.