PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP any ideas?

vbcoachscoot
2008-08-08, 04:24 PM
I recently had a problem with a microsoft office file. I had to do a system restore. I am running windows xp pro. I also am running acad lt 2008. when I finally cleaned up the system, it did not recognize acad lt. The folders are all there on my hard drive, but when I try to start it from the start menu - I get this error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed" I tried to uninstall acad lt, but it did not appear in the control panel add/remove programs list. I tried to re-install from my autocadlt disk, but I got a fatal error installing.
Where do I clean up this registry to make it recognize the installed software?

buzz
2008-08-08, 05:24 PM
If it's an option, it might turn out that the easiest/fastest solution is to backup all your files to a network drive or CD and start clean (format, install OS, install office, install CAD...

I have done that before because the time to fix it would be longer than just reinstalling...

Plus, it is nice to start fresh every once in a while - get rid of all the grime.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy a nice Saturday spent doing IT stuff?

-Buzz

vbcoachscoot
2008-08-08, 05:37 PM
thanks, buzz.
I just manually deleted all acad program and support files and did the reinstall.
It worked. Thanks again

buzz
2008-08-08, 05:38 PM
Now you can sleep in tomorrow - or if you want, come to my house and help me pull weeds...

-Buzz