ray salmon
2008-08-08, 07:07 PM
tried the alignment tool but no

so presume this is an eyeball thing

unless better way???

ray

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-08, 07:27 PM
Unless the text is part of an annotation family (like a note) and then you can pick the reference planes from the family as an entity to align, I think the answer is no.

Andre Carvalho

aaronrumple
2008-08-08, 09:06 PM
To get the same angle... use the rotate tool. Place the center on the angled line. Select a point parallel to the base of the text as the start point. Then rotate to the angle. This will at least get it perefctly to the same angle. The position is eyeball.

Gadget Man
2008-08-09, 08:20 AM
Sometimes, when the angle you want is very small, text will snap to horizontal (or vertical) which is not desired.

To work around this you may temporary turn your text int a group, rotate it as desired (even to a very small angle off the horizontal/vertical) and than ungroup it.

dbaldacchino
2008-08-10, 03:14 AM
Another trick I use when rotating small angles that give trouble (when they won't rotate due to snapping), is to add a certain number of degrees to my desired rotation (say, add 30 degrees to the 0.03 degrees I want to rotate, so rotate 30.03) and then rotate back by the amount previously added (ex: 30 degrees).

ray salmon
2008-08-11, 06:19 PM
Unless the text is part of an annotation family (like a note) and then you can pick the reference planes from the family as an entity to align, I think the answer is no.

Andre Carvalho

soory don't know what an anotation family really is...

r

Joef
2008-08-12, 04:31 AM
When snapping is getting in the way of placing a line or rotating something try typing SO. It will turn the snaps off temporarily.