PDA

View Full Version : Joined Solid Geometry (?)

nextvkin
2008-08-09, 12:48 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking at a drawing called Credenza (AUS).rfa from the Revit Architecture 2008 library and there's something puzzling me - when I hide the top extrusion, there is another top, but this is a "joined solid geometry" and when it's selected there's no edit button for it and no description in the element properties dialog box. Does anyone know how this was created & what it's for? Just for comparison I opened other furniture families and found that there's nothing beneath the extrusions.
Kay

luigi
2008-08-09, 03:04 PM
I don't know the details in that family...but I know that a join geometry actually creates an additional solid...so at times in revit you might be able to select the individual solids and the joined solid. Don't know why sometimes it is visible and selectable...haven't tried to understand it...but I know it happens to me sometimes...nothing to worry about...

You should be able to "unjoin" the 2 solids, and the joined solid geometry will no longer exist...

Hi all,
I'm looking at a drawing called Credenza (AUS).rfa from the Revit Architecture 2008 library and there's something puzzling me - when I hide the top extrusion, there is another top, but this is a "joined solid geometry" and when it's selected there's no edit button for it and no description in the element properties dialog box. Does anyone know how this was created & what it's for? Just for comparison I opened other furniture families and found that there's nothing beneath the extrusions.
Kay