PDA

View Full Version : Structure, reference planes attaching to walls?

bnelson.188587
2008-08-12, 03:56 PM
I used the structural beam system to create sloping joists. I first made a reference plane "x" so I attached the system to that ref plane during creation. Now, the ends of the joists are protruding beyond the boundary of the system. When I grab the end of the joist and try to manually pull it back I get "A structural framing element is attached to a wall whose Structural Usage is set to Non-bearing". It was messing up my wall sections, but I figured out how to get around it by using a joist detail component in the section and hiding the one that I modeled (using it only in the overall building section). Counter-productive huh?
Well, now the same thing is creating a problem with my beams. I've deleted my ref plane and redrew it but that hasn't helped. Based on the error message, it seems like something is attaching to a wall (which is non-structural by the way, and should be non-structural). I have not been able to find out what's causing this - it's a real pain, at this point I think I've lost almost 3 days of work. Any suggestions? Thank you.