PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Trouble

Revit for Breakfast
2008-08-13, 01:52 PM
Below is my current problem within Revit. The photo is actually an exported image from revit. It is in {3D} view - shaded with edges. My problem is: Why is Revit showing all those hidden lines. This has plagued my whole 3D model. The left side should be seen as a solid wall but you are able to see the interior walls. Not so Cool. Help? Open GL is not on.

arqt49
2008-08-13, 02:09 PM
Are the outside walls joined with the inside ones?
They don't look joined.
Maybe that's the trick.

cganiere
2008-08-13, 02:43 PM
I've had the same problem. The walls are not joining properly. You can use the linework tool to make the lines disappear or try to get the walls to join the correct way. Neither option is very fast.

sfaust
2008-08-13, 03:46 PM
before you say that, there is a bug in 2009 that they are working on where 3d views do this kind of strangeness. It's related to the view cube and the only fix is to re-create the 3d view.

See this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84987

patricks
2008-08-13, 04:02 PM
Do those lines disappear if you zoom in? As far as I know, there has always been a graphic issue of things underneath or behind other things displaying some of their lines when zoomed far out. For example, things like steel roof structure underneath a thin low-slope roof object (only the steel deck, insulation, and membrane in the roof construction). It's been this way at least since I started using Revit in version 6.1.

Revit for Breakfast
2008-08-15, 11:54 AM
before you say that, there is a bug in 2009 that they are working on where 3d views do this kind of strangeness. It's related to the view cube and the only fix is to re-create the 3d view.

See this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84987

Sorry for my delay in response. Recreating the view was the best option. That was a 2 1/2 hr hair puller!

brethomp
2008-08-15, 04:52 PM
It appears that you might have a DWG loaded into that view. If you turn off the DWG (all of them), does the graphic issue go away?

I see this all the time with messy DWGs that have stuff way out in the middle of nowhere. It's simply a rounding error, when the extents of the view are huge. It could be a Revit object way out there as well.