PDA

View Full Version : Walls and Beams

marcosf
2004-09-22, 01:45 PM
I want to have wall areas and volume of concrete on columns and beams.

I noticed that if I create 04 simple walls and add columns to the corners with the same height as the walls and beams on top of the columns making a frame, Revit report the area of each wall as if the columns and beams did not exist. Which seems kind of easy to understand to me, considering that the beams and columns were created within the walls.

I understand that if I place the columns and beams first and afterwards add the walls in between them, the wall areas will be reported correctly.

When is just a few columns and beams, seems not so complicated. Once you add more columns and beams, different levels, etc. the matter gets a bit complicated (at least for me!).

Is there a way that I can first sort out the model with walls, floors, etc. and afterwards add the structural information and still have the correct quantities for wall areas?

Thanks

Marcos Fernandes

sbrown
2004-09-22, 02:07 PM
You could do a wall schedule and a separate structural schedule and create a shared parameter in one of the 2 that is the value of the walls minus the value of the columns and then that gives you the actuall walls(without the col) then add that value back into the column schedule. Its a little round about. Currently revit doesn't support "querrying" between schedules so you would manually have to enter the value from one schedule into the second.

Or you could try an export to excel and merge the data there to come up with what you need.