PDA

View Full Version : Keynoting non-modelled elements

nsinha73
2008-08-13, 07:01 PM
In our office practice, we do not model the things that does not need modeling. Such as site plan, which is just lines.
However, I want to implement "Revit Keynoting" system in office but not sure how we would keynote lines and other non- modeled elements.
Revit Keynote does not allow us to add additional parameters, such as referencing detail column.
Whats the best walk-around or tip that maybe useful in our practice.
Thanks guys

chodosh
2008-08-13, 07:22 PM
What about a Mult-Category Tag? Not nearly as intelligent because it cannot be controlled in an external database like Keynotes, but will allow you to tag view elements like lines, etc. so long as everything has the parameter to input the data. Maybe apply a project or shared parameter for your notes across all categories?
-LC

Chad Smith
2008-09-02, 04:29 AM
Would using the Keynote "User" menu item do the trick?

nsinha73
2008-09-02, 04:58 PM
USER still requires us a pick an element but not a Line....How do you guys approach this?

dannycerezo
2008-12-12, 05:09 AM
I'm so frustrated with keynotes and note blocks right now.

Keynotes allow you filter by sheet, but only Notes allow you to tag non modeled elements.

This is so stupid. Why can't they each do the same thing? I have a drawing that has some 2d lines on them and I can't keynote them. So I tried using a note block, but I get every single note, not just the one I used on the sheet.

Ugggghhhhhh!!!

arqt49
2008-12-12, 01:34 PM
I have a drawing that has some 2d lines on them and I can't keynote them.
Ugggghhhhhh!!!

Use a USER KEYNOTE on another element and then drag the end of the leader and the tag to the detail lines you want to keynote.
Or insert those 2d lines in a detail component - that can be keynoted directly.

dannycerezo
2008-12-12, 06:32 PM
Alright, I'll try what you suggested. I didn't know about the detail idea, might be useful as long as it doesn't become too tedious.

Thanks.

patricks
2008-12-12, 06:55 PM
What exactly are you using 2D lines for? Are you using detail lines or model lines?

On our site plans, we typically model grass, landscaped, and paved areas as floors, with slab edge sweeps for curbs, and also use model elements for parking striping, arrows, ADA symbols and signs, etc. Model lines are typically used for things like sidewalk control joints, or maybe site setback or easement lines. We use model lines so that they will show in all site plan views. I don't know if those can be keynoted or not, though. If not, you could easily create a 2-pick line based site component with the required lines, which could then be keynoted.

We do not use keynotes in that manner on our projects, though, so that issue has never come up for us.