PDA

View Full Version : Room name schedule key

nathan.harness
2008-08-13, 08:17 PM
It seems very straightforward, but no success yet with it. In the attached photo is a screenshot of what I'm trying to accomplish (done by others). I have a Schedule key with 120 room names. I want to populate the default Room Name field with my Room Name Key. Thanks for your time!

sfaust
2008-08-13, 08:47 PM
the room names you see in the drop down are ones that have already been created. Are you saying you created a key schedule with each room name in it? If so, those would be available in the room style field, not room name...

Kbosch.184344
2008-08-13, 09:16 PM
the room names you see in the drop down are ones that have already been created. Are you saying you created a key schedule with each room name in it? If so, those would be available in the room style field, not room name...

I think he have the same problem as I have in this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84472&page=2

I've made a key schedule and defined the rooms with a function. So when you have 120 rooms ...all defined to a few functions it would be nice that after you've filled all rooms with a room area and gave the room a name that it automatically points to the predefined function in the key schedule.. I have found the room style field but in my case it puts "none" into the roomschedule..

nathan.harness
2008-08-14, 12:45 PM

Hi Steve,
Yes I created a key schedule with each room name. I do not understand where to go for the Room Style field you refer to. In the attached photo, I show the Object Style dialog box, but that only allows graphical choices. The original snapshot had some dialog that suggested there is a way to link to the schedule key rather than "Auto-fill" previous entries. Quote : "An Autodesk Revit room schedule can be set up so that all of the GSA “approved” room names get presented to the end user as a scroll box in either the room schedule or in the element properties window..."

Kbosch.184344
2008-08-14, 01:25 PM
After trying some things, I think I understand everything a bit better now. I think what you're trying to do is not possible as you can't connect a key schedule with a room name. I think you don't even have to make a key schedule..just a normal room schedule. Then add "Name" to your schedule and fill in the 120 rows with the room names. In your floorplan you can then add rooms and give them names from the schedule you made.

Hope that's what you're talking about.

sfaust
2008-08-14, 04:04 PM
In the dialog box for the room schedule, where you define the fields that are in the schedule, there should be a field called "Room Style" or whatever you called your style schedule. See attached image. Setting the style of a room will fill in any other fields defined in the style schedule. Since you have put all the room names in the style schedule, the style field should have a dropdown containing those names. This will not, however, change the room name.

I think you're confused about what a style schedule is for. This is for defining types of rooms and properties that are standard for that type. For example you could define an "office" type that has carpet floors, painted walls, and an ACT 2x2 ceiling. Then for each individual room, you could set the style to "office" and it would fill out all those finish fields for you.

As suggested above, what I think you need is to create a normal room schedule. You can add rows to it, creating unplaced rooms, and type in all the room names. Then when you go to the room command in plan, there will be a dropdown on the options bar that lets you select which of the rooms that you just defined that you are placing...