PDA

View Full Version : rcp tree canopy height

shenderson
2008-08-14, 03:48 PM
the old trees had a paramater that let you assign a height that the branches on the tree would start...anyway to do this with the rcp trees?

shenderson
2008-08-22, 02:36 PM
REALLY COULD USE THIS PARAMETER...any way to get the old accurender trees to work???

shenderson
2008-08-22, 03:02 PM
also any way to get another view of the trees other than the lollipop tree in shaded view... the wire trees from accurender were nice for that kind of shot...it let you now the trees were there but didn't get in the way of looking at the building

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-22, 03:08 PM
I don't think you can do what you have asked in your first two posts. Regarding the "lollipop" trees in elevation, you can select them > right click > Override graphics in view > by element > select transparent. They will look like wireframe and you can see your building through.

Andre Carvalho

shenderson
2008-08-22, 03:32 PM
thanks! that helped a ton with the shaded view... now if i can just get the tree canopy to start higher...we have several projects that sit under fantastic old growth canopies and i'm having a hard time making the new rendering engine match the effect i could get with accurender...btw that's my only complaint with the new engine. any ideas would be appreciated. maybe other rpc sources or ?????

sbrown
2008-08-22, 05:19 PM
You will need to buy some diff. RPC trees. Archvision is the place to get them. Note you can make your own RPC's out of any image you want. There is a tool at archvisions website, rpc creator that lets you make your own, so if you really wanted the accurender tress you could render them in 2008, then save them as a .jpg and create an RPC from them.