PDA

View Full Version : One sided wall closer.

AP23
2008-08-14, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know how to make a wall wrap on just one side of the window? There was sometime ago a thread on this, but i can't seem to find it.

twiceroadsfool
2008-08-14, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know how to make a wall wrap on just one side of the window? There was sometime ago a thread on this, but i can't seem to find it.

I think this is what youre after... In the family editor?

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-08-14, 06:05 PM
The family controls the location of the wrap. You can have one or two ref planes designated as wall closure, one for the inside and one for the outside.
If, and on which sides the wall finishes wrap is determined by the type parameters of the wall and the wrap settings of the layers of the wall definition.

AP23
2008-08-14, 06:27 PM
What i mean by one sided wall closer is that the wrap is either on the left or right side of the window, not the exterior or interior side. So the wall closure ref plane controls just one side (left or right) of the wall.

twiceroadsfool
2008-08-14, 06:39 PM
Ahh, my fault. I misinterpreted the Q. Not sure ive tried that, but im guessing its not as simple as adjusting the extents of the reference planes in the family and adding more in?

EDIT: That doesnt do it...

EDIT2: For kicks i rotated the reference plane, LOL... I dont think thats what you were after, but it sort of worked, hahahaha....

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-08-14, 06:48 PM
One question, two misinterpretations!
I haven't needed to do this before but I'm guessing the easiest way would be to include a detail component in your window family and control it witha visiblity parameter.