PDA

View Full Version : wall from linked arch model

jfountain
2008-08-15, 12:44 PM
What am I missing? I'm linking an architectural model into my structural model. The only walls I see are walls that the architect has set to "bearing". On other projects we have had the architect set all of their walls to "structural combined". Walls with these settings are visible in my Revit structure model. Is there a way to make walls from the architectural model that are set to 'non-bearing' visible in my structural model? I'm not finding anything in visibility and graphics that will achieve this. The architect seems to have issues with setting their walls to structural combined.
Thanks!

varvasmartin
2008-08-15, 01:01 PM
Hey!

Go to View Properties (simply type VP on keyboard) an change "Discipline" to Coordination. (It should be structural by default). This feature controls the elements that are visible in a specific view.

jfountain
2008-08-15, 01:14 PM
Thanks - I had tried that once before on another project (and an earlier version of revit) and got results that really wasn't what I was looking for.....Tried it now and seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Very well could have been operator error on my prior attempt! Thanks again.