PDA

View Full Version : Schedule glazing area?

still.james
2008-08-18, 12:15 PM
i've added a parameter to my window families (width*height) = glazing area.

can i schedule to glazing area, if so how?

still.james
2008-08-18, 12:27 PM
i have sorted this, added an Area calculated value in the schedule using Heigh*Width

a note though, it only recognized the fields is spelt with upper and lowercase (i first tried height*width and it didnt recognize the fields)

Kbosch.184344
2008-08-18, 02:27 PM
Bad thing about this is that you can only use Width and Height ones. I've used Height and Width for the window itself and not for the glazing. I wonder if it would be possible to make another Width and Height parameter.

still.james
2008-08-18, 02:34 PM
agreed, i wonder if there is area parameter for the 'glass' material.

ejburrell67787
2008-08-18, 02:46 PM
You can make a parameter in the family that is the glass area - either by adding dims to the opening area and multiplying them together, or by doing some subtraction (tolerance, frame width etc) before multiplying the over all width and height.

All parameters are case specific so you do need to get the capitals etc correct or it won't recognise them. (ie "Height" is a different parameter to "height")

Kbosch.184344
2008-08-18, 02:55 PM
I think that I've already tried that, but at the moment you assign a dimension to the Length parameter you've made, it automatically changes the value to zero. Well It's possible I guess, but then you have to fill in the dimensions manually.

Maybe it would be possible to add an Area parameter to the glass material like still.James already mentioned.