PDA

View Full Version : [2009] Optional Connectors (OPEN)

sec-k
2008-08-18, 02:49 PM
It would be nice to be able to have multiple connectors in a family with the ability to "deactivate" ones not needed. For example, let's say you have a vertical furnace that can have the return air connection on the right, left, or even bottom side of the unit. Currently, if you were to place three connectors on the unit for return air, you would have unused systems because you would only connect to one of the connectors. To eliminate this, you could have a way to deactivate some of connectors similarly to how you can control graphics with a yes/no parameter.

mjdanowski
2008-08-18, 03:38 PM
I support this wish.

JoelLondenberg
2008-08-20, 06:08 PM
That would be very helpful.

wimtas
2009-05-21, 08:02 PM
I agree with that.

bearden383
2009-06-02, 08:00 PM
Here!Here!

s_beccia
2009-08-12, 02:58 PM
This is a VERY good idea, not only for multiple connectors of the same type, but different systems/disciplines (Duct vs Piping vs Electrical)

I currently have a family of VAV boxes that can either be electrically or hot water heated, or standard shutoff, with the check of a box, but cannot get the piping connectors to be turned off in the electrical or standard modes - consequently I have open pipng systems and elements, and that causes coordination warnings etc that I have to ignore etc etc...

jason.martin
2009-08-12, 06:45 PM
I currently have a family of VAV boxes that can either be electrically or hot water heated, or standard shutoff, with the check of a box, but cannot get the piping connectors to be turned off in the electrical or standard modes - consequently I have open pipng systems and elements, and that causes coordination warnings etc that I have to ignore etc etc...

So is the requirement to be able to turn off those warnings? Hide the controls for the connectors? What does it mean to make a connector optional?

s_beccia
2009-08-13, 12:42 PM
So is the requirement to be able to turn off those warnings? Hide the controls for the connectors? What does it mean to make a connector optional?

To turn off/hide connectors. If I uncheck the selection for hot water, I would like for the hot water connection to my base family to not appear at all.

melindah
2009-11-17, 10:20 PM
I agree. We have created a generic mechanical unit family and while we can turn off the visibilty of the openings we are not using it would be very helpful to also turn off those connectors.

scott.kennedy
2011-12-22, 05:49 AM
It would be great if nested families with connectors would be able to connect to their host family using what I would term "a multi-connector". Classic example is a medical services panel that might have power, data and medical gases. Each part of the panel could be a family nested into the panel family. But the panel family would have a multi-connector that would automatically connect to the correct family type connector when something is connected. For example, power recepticle (outlet) would connect to the power part of the multi-connector, and gases would connect to gases etc

CADastrophe
2012-01-26, 03:27 PM
I agree with the idea of optional connectors as well as multi-connectors. I was thinking of the possibility that a connector's availability would depend upon the visibility of it's host, but then that would exclude non-face hosted connectors.

The idea of a multi-connector could also determine a connector's visibility. I imagine this connector to be a universal connector with controllable parameters that determine what type of connector Revit views it as in a project.

This is just a vauge idea, so please comment. Thanks.

Wish List System
2012-04-05, 01:22 PM
This wish has been reported by a member.

This thread is closed to further posts while the request is being reviewed by administrators.

Wish List System
2012-04-30, 01:51 PM
This wish has been reported by a member.

This thread is closed to further posts while the request is being reviewed by administrators.