PDA

View Full Version : Project Navigator in Windows Network

chammer
2004-09-22, 07:41 PM
We are experiencing problems with creation of Sheets in Project Navigator on our network. The User is not allowed to create a Sheet; it begins a serious of Sheet Set Manager Errors telling the user that the Sheet template cannot be found, even though everyone is pathed to the network template directory. The User is asked to locate a proper template; once that is done the Sheet Set Manager Error comes up again and tells the User that they must specify a folder to store the Sheet, which should be the Sheets folder in the New project directory set up from Project Navigator. The User is finally prompted to create the new sheet(name and number), but once they click o.k. a dialog box comes up saying that the sheet location is not accessible. Everyone has full access to the AutoCAD directory on the Network and the Project folder, yet it will not let them create a sheet. If the User rights are elevated to a Domain Admin or Admin the New Sheet command works just fine. The Project Navigator also works fine on their local C drive with the default setup. Obviously I cannot elevate Users rights to Administrators, where did I go wrong? I saw AutoDesks blurb about this known issue, but no fix. We have always run Project Navigator on the network. This little flaw in the program is a huge blow to our company! Project Navigator is a something that we have decided to use since the beginning of ADT 2004 to make our projects work and flow with greater efficiency and now their latest release won't work, this to me is unacceptable! Help!!

mjfarrell
2004-09-22, 09:39 PM
Perhaps create a group policy, and add the cad personnel to that group
then give explicit full-control to the problem directory to the cad group.
All should be well.

chammer
2004-09-23, 01:00 PM
I've made the AutoCAD Operators a Security Group and gave them full access to the directories in question, still did not work.

mjfarrell
2004-09-23, 01:13 PM
Just to clarify, full control does not equal full access.
Full access would be read, open, and view.
Whereas full control would also include modify, add, and delete.
Are we saying the same thing?

chammer
2004-09-23, 04:02 PM
Sorry, Full control is what I meant. As soon as I add them to the Domain Admin Group Project Navigator works just like it should, not sure what I'm missing