PDA

View Full Version : Crop regions and interior elevations

AJGKennedy
2008-08-19, 02:39 PM
This is a anomaly that has had me scratching my head for some time...

When I took my course on how to use this software I was shown how the crop region would snap to the wall face, floor or ceiling... this is great for interior elevations were we are only concerned with the interiors... but I have been finding on my first large job... a random instance on when it will or will not snap to the ceiling, floor or wall faces... I could in some cases get it to snap to two of four or I may get all four...

Any idea why this is happening?

I find myself eye balling it... and then getting comments back why are the lines not the same thickness on some of the elevations... since sometimes the floor lines, ceiling or wall lines are slightly doubled with the crop region... I have left the crop region on because I have also found on the occasion the lines missing because the eye is not as good as the snap...

So it would be nice to figure this out... save a little on the head ache level...

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-19, 02:49 PM
Are the walls you can't snap to, perpendicular to the elevation view?

Andre Carvalho

AJGKennedy
2008-08-19, 04:48 PM
Yes... and so are the floors and ceilings... That would be a good one to be the reason... even if they were out by a little bit I suppose it may throw it for a loop... but between different views... I can find the ceilings and floor not able to snap to... and they are the same floors and ceilings that work in the other views... so that is what doesn’t make sense...

patricks
2008-08-19, 08:13 PM
I've had that happen, also, with no apparent pattern to the behavior.

Another thing I don't get is when I place an interior elevation, the crop region will be snapped to the BOTTOM of my floor slab, and the cut floor slab will appear with no cut fill. But then as soon as I move the crop region off of the bottom edge (like somewhere in the middle of the slab), the cut pattern appears!