PDA

View Full Version : exporting from Revit

rupertv
2008-08-19, 02:56 PM
Hey guys n girls...

a question that i think i know the answer to already...when exporting a model from revit, to be imported into max, what is the best way to do it...and what is the best way to import into max, so that the objects get imported into their various components, so that rendering/adjusting of materials can happen easier?

an associated question is if there is a way to "export to materials" from revit, so that when opened in Acad, the layers are "by material/finish"...?

thanks in advance...

R

Scott D Davis
2008-08-19, 03:23 PM
Use Revit 2009, File>Export>3ds max (FBX)

Save FBX File

Open Max, Import, select FBX file.

Done. All objects, lights, daylight system, and materials come over, ready to render in Max.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-19, 03:30 PM
And to read the FBX file, make sure you are using Max 2009, as well.

Andre Carvalho

tbarnesarc
2008-08-19, 10:52 PM
Use Revit 2009, File>Export>3ds max (FBX)

Save FBX File

Open Max, Import, select FBX file.

Done. All objects, lights, daylight system, and materials come over, ready to render in Max.

I wouldn't use FBX unless your model in completely finished because there is no file linking. I still use DWG exporting because I make a lot of changes in the revit model and I can link the DWG in Max.

rupertv
2008-08-20, 06:30 AM
thanks for all the responses so far guys...

we're still playing around with fbx, but we have found it to be slower when importing and also in terms of actual model size...

any inout regarding my 2nd question, which relates to exporting from revit to acad, so that you can end up with layers by materials? hope the question makes sense...

cheers,

R

Scott Womack
2008-08-20, 10:22 AM
thanks for all the responses so far guys...

we're still playing around with fbx, but we have found it to be slower when importing and also in terms of actual model size...

any inout regarding my 2nd question, which relates to exporting from revit to acad, so that you can end up with layers by materials? hope the question makes sense...

cheers,

R

I do not believe you can export to CAD by material. That does not appear to be an option that is available, period.