PDA

View Full Version : wall section detail vs. callout

archmcp
2008-08-19, 03:18 PM
Need to develop wall section details first (done) and then later have those same details referenced via callouts in section. I know you can assign callouts to any drafting view/drawing, but is there a clean transition where i can delete the original wall section tag in the plan and save my callout? (I like to keep my drawings clean so there aren't multiple references and/or dozens of annotations in the 'hidden view').

thanks!
m.

still.james
2008-08-19, 03:35 PM
on the same subject, how do you assign a callout to a drafting view?

archmcp
2008-08-19, 03:53 PM
with reference to your question (the second posting) when inserting a callout, there is a toggle switch on the toolbar up top that, when toggled, allows you reference many drawings, drafted views included. you can also import cad drawings.

anyone have thoughts on the first posting?

gbrowne
2008-08-19, 03:54 PM
Click callout on the view toolbar, click the tickbox for reference other view then scroll down and pick the view you want to reference. If you are doing it from another drafting view, you don't ge the tickbox, just the scroll down.

gbrowne
2008-08-19, 03:58 PM
Oops, beaten to it...

As for the other question, I am thinking you want to draft from a section over model geometry, then copy paste the info into a drafting view, then delete the original section? Is this correct? I generally pull sections, then section callouts draughed over and geometry hidden in view, but there to allow me to trace, and give me grids and levels.

still.james
2008-08-19, 04:24 PM
thanks for the replies, got it :)

patricks
2008-08-19, 08:21 PM
Need to develop wall section details first (done) and then later have those same details referenced via callouts in section. I know you can assign callouts to any drafting view/drawing, but is there a clean transition where i can delete the original wall section tag in the plan and save my callout? (I like to keep my drawings clean so there aren't multiple references and/or dozens of annotations in the 'hidden view').

thanks!
m.

If I am reading that right, you want a reference for your wall section/detail directly on your plan view, instead of a building section on the plan, and then a callout reference on the building section.

If you created your wall sections/details via callouts in building sections, then you will need to hide those in plan, and then place new section marks on the plan that reference your wall sections. If you delete the building section, any callouts created in that section go out with it.

The only other option is to create a new wall section view directly from the plan, and then copy/paste what you drew in the original wall section into the new wall section. If you create the new wall section along the same wall as the original callout wall section, then you can simply do a Copy and then Paste Same Place, and then delete the original building and wall sections.