PDA

View Full Version : Underlay on RAC 2009 latest build

Jun Austria
2008-08-20, 05:53 AM
Ok, this is wierd. I attached an image of my Ground Floor with First Floor as "Underlay".
As you can see. The underlay also shows the roof. I also attached Elevation view for reference with this plan.

This has never happened before. I also got "another project", 2 floor levels with Ground underlayed with First. But only the roof appears ( see attached image. The grey shade on the Ground Floor is the Roofing surface pattern. And the First Floor is not reflected in the underlay. As you can see my First Floor Layout on the right side of the application window. with the Ground Floor "View Properties" setting for reference.)

Anybody encountered this before?

brenehan
2008-08-20, 11:39 AM
Yes, I've had this come up quite a lot.
This is one of those little odd things with Revit. It could be Roof was originally drawn on the frist floor and then moved to the Roof or second floor level. The roof still has some association with first floor and when you over lay the first floor on another floor the roof will overlay with it.
On one of our more complicated jobs, when trying to overlay the roof it could be very difficult to work out which level.
You can try it out on a dummy project. Happens every time. Even with Revit 2009.

Jun Austria
2008-08-21, 12:13 AM
Yes, I've had this come up quite a lot.
This is one of those little odd things with Revit. It could be Roof was originally drawn on the frist floor and then moved to the Roof or second floor level. The roof still has some association with first floor and when you over lay the first floor on another floor the roof will overlay with it.
On one of our more complicated jobs, when trying to overlay the roof it could be very difficult to work out which level.
You can try it out on a dummy project. Happens every time. Even with Revit 2009.

I did a test. Using 4 Levels of Floors. I created a new roof on top of the 4th.
I activate Level 1 then underlay the floors starting from Level 2.
Underlayed Level 2, Ok.
Underlayed Level 3, Ok.
Underlayed Level 4, BANG!!! Theres the roof. Luckly, I can select the underlayed item and hide the roof. And exposed the walls created on level 4.

Jun Austria
2008-08-21, 12:25 AM
Another thing I found out. If you have a ceiling with lighting fixtures. The fixtures also showed up in the underlay of the top most level I have created. This bug I believe only affect the top most level.

Now when is that web update coming?

mtogni
2008-08-21, 04:19 PM
Don't believe they fix these kind of problem! Many things wait to be fixed (ramp, stairs, topo...) for years with no success... anyway, good luck!!!