PDA

View Full Version : Drag & Drop View Off of Sheet

ctc
2008-08-20, 09:12 PM
When I drag and drop a view from the project browser onto a drawing sheet the view never ends up where I click my mouse pointer and always ends up off the sheet and out of view. I then need to zoom out to see the view and drag it onto the sheet.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can get the views to drop where the mouse pointer clicks?

kathy71046
2008-08-21, 02:42 AM
It picks the centre of your crop region, if your model is in the corner, it will seem offset.

Bring your crop region in to your model and it should be fine.

Or turn the crop region off, otherwise you likely have an object that is making the drawing region much larger than you expect.

ctc
2008-08-21, 01:32 PM
It picks the centre of your crop region, if your model is in the corner, it will seem offset.

Bring your crop region in to your model and it should be fine.

Or turn the crop region off, otherwise you likely have an object that is making the drawing region much larger than you expect.

Thank you for the reply.

If I understand your 1st comment then this is not the case. When in use, I taylor the crop regions in my views to be as tight as can be around the subject matter. I never allow huge crop regions with small graphics in the corner. I don't believe that this is the problem.

If by your 2nd comment you mean to reduce the size of the crop region to show only the subject matter, that is how I always use them. See above. I don't believe that this is the problem.

Your 3rd comment makes sense, but this problem occurs whether or not I use crop regions. Therefore I don't believe that this is the problem.

kathy71046
2008-08-22, 12:57 AM
Unfortunately I'm too new to the program to offer any other suggestions, maybe some of the Gurus on here can help.

Does the problem happen in all files, or just one?....just to rule out some kind of weird corruption.

ctc
2008-08-22, 01:04 PM
This behavior occurs in all projects.

Thank you for your input.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-22, 01:28 PM
Once I saw an annotation family where someone mistakenly moved an invisible line far away from where the main annotation symbol is. After loading it into the project, the annotation showed fine (because we could see the invisible line far away) but when inserting the view into a sheet, the viewport showed too big, even if the crop region was adjusted to the drawing extents only.

It may be hard to find where the problem is (which family...). You may turning all off and leave just walls. Then adjust the crop region and try adding the view to the sheet again. This way you can find exactly which category is causing the problem.

Andre Carvalho

ejburrell67787
2008-08-22, 01:34 PM
It's worth checking if you have the annotation crop region switched on also in addition to the main crop region.

ctc
2008-08-22, 06:56 PM
Once I saw an annotation family where someone mistakenly moved an invisible line far away from where the main annotation symbol is. After loading it into the project, the annotation showed fine (because we could see the invisible line far away) but when inserting the view into a sheet, the viewport showed too big, even if the crop region was adjusted to the drawing extents only.

It may be hard to find where the problem is (which family...). You may turning all off and leave just walls. Then adjust the crop region and try adding the view to the sheet again. This way you can find exactly which category is causing the problem.

Andre Carvalho

If the problem were an errant line or family then, correct me if I'm wrong, this behavior wouldn't happen to non-model type views like schedules...but it does.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-22, 08:18 PM
I see. You said this behavior occurs in all projects. Can you post any small file where we can see it?

Andre Carvalho