PDA

View Full Version : Strange Ceiling - Modeling help

mitch.cornelius
2008-08-20, 10:02 PM
Any Ideas on how to create a ceiling like this? The lower profile is the section across the middle and the upper profile is the section lengthwise. There is a slot in the middle for strip lighting. This is actually only one of a series of three sections, each piece is separated by a slot diffuser.

Bascially, the ceiling follows a different curve in each direction. I'm assuming I'll be creating an in-place family. I'm just not sure on how to create voids following two curves like this.

Any help would be appreciated

aaronrumple
2008-08-21, 01:50 PM
You'll need to create a couple of swept blends. You'll model two halves. You have the section at the middle. You'll just need a section for the end which I'm assuming flattens out into a rectangle.

Don't worry about the voids - those can be cut out once you have the basic shape.

mitch.cornelius
2008-08-21, 05:00 PM
We are close. When I create the swept blend (one profile is the section in the previous attachment, the other is a simple rectangle, the patch follows half of the lengthwise curve), the final ceiling has curved edges (reference attached 3D image). To further complicate things, I've noticed the plan of this bowl region is not a simple rectangle...is this something I give up on?