PDA

View Full Version : Elevation View Callouts... placement controls...

AJGKennedy
2008-08-21, 08:29 PM
I am sure this may have been heard before... but I am hoping that it may be something that may happen someday...

Go ahead and tell me it already exist and I will jump for joy!

You know how when you place an elevation view call out on your plan they show up on all plans... I know you can shut off the category in the view if you do not want them to show in some locations... This is not were I am headed…

I would love to have the control to say place this view call out on in this view only... Then if I want it on in another view I could go and turn it on, but I don't have to worry about searching my drawings to ensure it will not appear mysteriously on sheets and drawings were it should not...

Here is my problem... (and long explanation why) I have a large project that goes through stages... of drafting... (image that...) I produce preliminary sets with elevation views... then working drawings with elevation... I have plan views that show elevation view marks for the preliminary and one with the working drawings... I have both because these stages overlap... in fact I still get called for the preliminary views for the users... because they show less information yet they are up to date with the new... blah, blah... yah lots of info...

The point is I get lots of plans blow up plans... different views of my plans... some have elevations views showing and only specific marks... The problem that occurs is every time I create a new elevation mark... I have to run around looking for the plan view it may show up in that I do not want it to show in...

I hope this gives a clear idea on why this idea exist...

AJGKennedy
2008-08-21, 08:55 PM
One more little thought to add... the addition of blow up plans... and adding elevation bubble to them but not in the larger plan, but the larger plan typically would have them... just in these tight places that needed to blown up...

Saves a step not to have to go back looking to shut them off on the larger plan... (I know in this case only one step saved... but on a project like mine... this is just one more of the places that case this issue...)

davidcobi
2008-08-21, 09:36 PM
I would use a view template with elevations tags turned off (for your typical plans) and another view template with elevation tags turned on (for enlarged plans)
Then check the "Apply automatically to new views of same type" option for future floor plans.

Scott Womack
2008-08-22, 10:24 AM
One more little thought to add... the addition of blow up plans... and adding elevation bubble to them but not in the larger plan, but the larger plan typically would have them... just in these tight places that needed to blown up...

Saves a step not to have to go back looking to shut them off on the larger plan... (I know in this case only one step saved... but on a project like mine... this is just one more of the places that case this issue...)

Elevation's symbols have been a big topic in all the forums for "awhile" now. Go post what you want as a wishlist item, so that, one it can be voted on, and two, if voted high enough will get turned over to Autodesk as a wishlist item that bumps it up in the priority list for the Factory to address.