PDA

View Full Version : Electrical fixtures - detail components?

still.james
2008-08-22, 12:58 PM
for the electrical fixtures, there are the components that need to be placed in a wall...are there any detail components of these?

as i want to make an electrical legend and unless i draw a wall i cannot place them in a legend (looking for 2d versions of the floor plan symbols)

sbrown
2008-08-22, 01:14 PM
I've just recreated them all as non hosted components.

Mike Sealander
2008-08-23, 12:16 PM
We've been doing all our legends in a future phase called Annotations. Doors and windows, but also wall types. I think a bunch of people go this route.
Basically, create a phase called Annotations. Make sure it occurs after New Construction. Create a wall in that phase. Slap on doors, windows, electrical fixtures, plumbing, whatever. Use an elevation view as your legend.

twiceroadsfool
2008-08-23, 04:44 PM
We've been doing all our legends in a future phase called Annotations. Doors and windows, but also wall types. I think a bunch of people go this route.
Basically, create a phase called Annotations. Make sure it occurs after New Construction. Create a wall in that phase. Slap on doors, windows, electrical fixtures, plumbing, whatever. Use an elevation view as your legend.

We use the same method, and it works great.

still.james
2008-08-23, 06:48 PM
cheers, i will give the annotations phase a go

richard.140626
2008-09-07, 08:30 AM
In the Drafting tab there is an button called Legend Component. Clicking that gives you a dropdown on the toolbar to select your items (same as component). These have a wall already attached. Just go to your legend View properties and turn off walls, the electrical compenents remain.

Mike Sealander
2008-09-07, 12:09 PM
Richard:
Yes, you are correct. The problem many of us have had is that legend components cannot be dimensioned, nor tagged. Historically- and I mean in the pencil-and-vellum or ACAD days, walls would be dimensioned to show assembly thickness in a legend. This is not possible with Revit. Likewise, windows cannot be tagged in a window legend, meaning a manually placed tag-look-alike is not parametric.

richard.140626
2008-09-07, 06:24 PM
I see - I think I might have to try that out for window and door legends. I never liked I couldn't dimension or tag a legend component and have just changed our standards to accomodate.

Scott Womack
2008-09-08, 10:23 AM
I see - I think I might have to try that out for window and door legends. I never liked I couldn't dimension or tag a legend component and have just changed our standards to accomodate.

You can dimension Legend components in Revit 2008 and Revit 2009. You can't "tag" them, but that can be worked around. The dimensioning is greate for Door Frames, Wall Types, etc. You can even dimension the components in a wall by tabbing when in the dimension command.