PDA

View Full Version : Wall Componant Modifications?

m_cahoon14336
2004-09-22, 11:07 PM
With the excellent instruction those on this forum, I have learned how to unlock and modify the length (height) of various wall components in the vertical axis. Is this possible in plan? I have a stud wall with 1/2" gypsum board. I would like to stop the gypsum board, but continue the stud wall unfaced thru a plumbing chase. Can this be done with one wall type, and modify the gyp bd. component? or do I have to use two wall types. one with gyp. bd. and one without?

sfaust
2004-09-22, 11:55 PM
short answer - use two wall types. It can be sort of done with the "edit cut profile" tool or an in place void or something, but not worth it IMHO... Just split the wall, duplicate the type, and delete the gyp.

Mr Spot
2004-09-22, 11:55 PM
I'm not sure if this is only true for finish layers, but you can tab select until you have then end face of the layer you want then move it individually...

Wait, sorry that is only for sweeps and reveals that are included in the wall settings...

Michelle Gibson
2005-04-27, 04:29 PM
We tackle it as a second wall type, mainly because horizontal and vertical joins get cleaned up and you have a record of all the instances. Yes, we end up with more wall types but these are simple to modify (naming is a bit tricky). I just learned about the edit profile command and that works great for plan and section detail modifications. I wouldn't want to have to do that all over a large floor plan. Your thoughts?

max
2006-02-01, 09:53 PM
I have been looking for the instruction on how learned to unlock and modify the length (height) of various wall components in the vertical axis. Could someone please provide the link.

Thanks

Max

eddy.lermytte
2006-02-01, 11:31 PM
Max
Choose the wall you want to modify
Go to Element Properties > Edit
Construction > Structure > Edit
Modify Vertical Structure (View Section type)
Zoom in at the bottom or top of the wall
Hoover over the layer bottom lines of the wall > select the one you need to unlock > unlock
Ok
Go to a section view of the wall > drag the blue arrow up or down.

Rhythmick
2006-02-02, 01:57 AM
Go to a section view of the wall > drag the blue arrow up or down.
The extension distance can also be set in the wall properties using the top and or bottom extension parameters. I use this method as you can select multiple walls and it gives me precise control.

max
2006-02-02, 02:33 AM
thanks for the quick responses