PDA

View Full Version : Railing_at the top contunie with a wavy profile

cancaq
2008-08-26, 12:37 PM
Trying to create a railing-attached in jpg format- which follows the wavy shape of a profile at the top.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-26, 03:07 PM
If the distance from the two masonry posts is the same, you could create the entire fence as one baluster family. Your railing will be created with only one centered baluster.

Andre Carvalho

sachid.3d
2008-08-27, 05:19 AM
wavy profile fine

if your wavy profile is constant you can draw it in Baluster Panel and do it

cancaq
2008-08-27, 06:46 AM
The problem is; distance between two concrete lighting element is not a constant value.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-27, 01:16 PM
Then I assume the height of the curve is always the same, doesn't matter if the concrete lighting elements are far away isn't it? In another words, if the curve section of your fence is always the same, you can create just that curved section (the wavy element and its different height balusters) as one baluster family and the remaining balusters as another baluster family. Because they are at different distances I think it will be hard to assembly the whole as one railing type. Probably (and again, if the wavy section is always the same) you will create just it as a railing and the complete the other two extremities up to the concrete lighting by using the other railing type.

As a second option, you can try creating the entire thing as a curtain wall. Create the wavy section ans its balusters as one curtain panel and the other balusters as another curtain panel family. Create a curtain wall, adjust the grids and replace he panels by the ones you just created. This way you have more control on the fence extents...

Andre Carvalho

jeffh
2008-08-27, 01:20 PM
I know they are not well liked but the curved portion could be done with an in-place family sweep. The main pattern done with a railing and the curved piece as the in-place sweep. This seems likethe most straightforward solution to me. :)

Edit: I did not notice the vertical ballusters change height on each member as well. This significantly complicates the issue.

cancaq
2008-08-28, 06:33 AM
You’re right. At the beginning I tried it to create with using baluster family template; but not succeded to placed in different distance locations.

So only for to be solved ; I created it in generic models family template and used it in the drawing.

But I am going to try two other opinions. The solution doing it as a curtain wall seems to be useful.

Thanks for consideration.