PDA

View Full Version : Question about the TEXT function

cris_scotti
2008-08-26, 04:22 PM
I would like to be able to split a long text in several parts as it can be done with the schedules. I need to put a large document on a sheet for which I use copy and paste. The original document is large, 8 pages in total, so I get a long stream that exceeds the length of the sheet. I decided to copy each page with a separate text command. The problem is that if I need to insert or delete more text on a given page I would then have to edit each of the other pages. I'm attaching an image of the sheet to which I copied 4 pages of the document. A split squiggle would be very handy. Is there anyother way to do this? Thanks.
Cristina

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-26, 04:36 PM
There's a workaround that you may want to use. You have to use a key schedule and paste your text there. You can read more about it in the following thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=71794

Andre Carvalho

cris_scotti
2008-08-27, 06:12 PM
Andre,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Unfortunately I cannot use it since the document I'm copying has indentations which show as little squares in the keyed schedule (unless you or someone else has ideas on how to solve the indentation hurdle).
However it's a terrific approach and I'm sure I'll have some use for it in the future.
Thanks again,
Cristina