PDA

View Full Version : Callouts and view tags reference anomalies

AJGKennedy
2008-08-26, 06:09 PM
This is another item I just noticed that I wonder if it has been picked up in 2009… I will have to check when I have more time… unless some already knows…

We like to use on our sheet the view title that includes a tag that refers to what sheet the section, elevation or plan detail first shows in the set… I have noticed some interesting anomalies…

Once I understood what was going on it was easy to figure out and I now have a work around for it… If I have an overall plan that I have dependent views of different parts placed on different sheets and I place elevation marks and plan view callouts… on this… When I go to the detail sheet the title mark say that the first place it shows up is the first sheet that has any part of the plan… not necessarily the part of the plan that the callout appears on… The work around is to view the plan’s crop region not cropping… then go around and selecting the view callouts and shut them off in the current views…

This jumps me back to one of my wish list items again… the inserting of view callouts with the ability to say only show in the current view… I do need to drop this in the wish list… site… This is another reason… and I think I posted a whole list earlier for other reasons…

But I just thought I would throw this out there to see if others have seen this… and to see if this has been picked up in the newer versions… (I am unfortunately still in 2008… and still hoping for a go ahead to upgrade to 2009)