PDA

View Full Version : groups and schedules....

rupertv
2008-08-27, 07:49 AM
Hello everyone...

another one of those questions that popped up when yr looking for a quick way to do things...

we do quite a lot hotels and in the initial design stages, i use a lot of groups to set out the building...ie a standard room is grouped and copied to where its needed...and then the larger suites...and so on...

the question i have is if there is a way to count the number of times a group is used...as a quick way to check how many of each type of suite these is...

also, some input from others that do this type of repetative layouts...how do you do yr room/unit/type counts?

thanks...

r

Chad Smith
2008-08-27, 09:00 AM
You can select your Group and right click, on the menu select "Select all Instances" and check the Filter for the count.

Just be very carefull with how many groups you use and what goes into them as they are still somewhat buggy. Also a big drawback that I find with groups is that it is much more difficult to change object parametric data through the schedules.
Groups also restrict your flexibilty in selecting individual objects and changing instance parameters.