PDA

View Full Version : Reference Planes and Views on Sheets

JamesVan
2003-08-07, 06:11 PM
Has anyone ever had problems with Reference Planes affecting views on sheets, irrespective of the view's crop boundaries. I found it very frustrating that I place my views on sheets early in the process, then continue to work. As I develop the design and documentation, I add reference planes for working, however, when placed in one view they show in many other views and kick the title way out of whack, even though I have predefined my crop boundaries for the views.

If anyone has this same trouble, please share your thoughts.

Henry D
2003-08-07, 06:15 PM
Have you tried scope boxes to localize the appearance of the reference planes to certain views?

aggockel50321
2003-08-07, 07:30 PM
Yes, I feel your pain.

Here's a way around it.

Duplicate the view, & use either the original or the copy as the view being placed on the sheet. Turn off reference planes & anything else you don't want to show on your sheet.

Do all your modeling in the view with reference planes turned on, etc.

I find this saves me a lot of time turning things on & off when I go back to a sheet view, and saves all the problems you discussed above.

JamesVan
2003-08-08, 12:52 PM
Duplicating the views seems like a viable alternative, but I can't imagine what will happen when our firm starts working on large projects with thousands of views....and we have to duplicate them. :shock:

I haven't used scope boxes that much yet. I will give that a try and see what happens. Thanks for your input.

Steve_Stafford
2003-08-08, 01:36 PM
If you turn on your crop region, set the rectangular extents of the crop region and then uncheck the crop region visible it will maintain the region you set and not reset to the extents as you are describing. (The key here being leave the crop region checked and check and uncheck the visibility)

Try this and see if it helps?

This is the thread it is from CLICK TO SEE (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=563)

christopher.zoog51272
2003-08-08, 01:38 PM
yes, this has always been a royal PITA. There is nothing owrse than having to chase down stray view titiles :roll: Scope boxes are my prefered method of controling ref planes and grids. I am expecting this to be solved in 6.0.... hopefully.