PDA

View Full Version : Shape Edit rotates surface pattern

sfaust
2008-08-27, 10:52 PM
I have shape edited a roof for drainage by bringing the corners up to different heights and creating a warped slab. It is just a sheet of metal decking, so it has a surface pattern, which was rotated out of whack when I did the shape edit. I figured I could just align it or rotate it back into place, but even though I am able to select one of the lines and use the rotate tool, it doesn't do anything...

Anyone experience this or know what to do?

Thanks,
Steve

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-28, 02:18 AM
Steve,

Once I created a ramp shaped as an L (one run straight, one "elbow" that wasn't flat and another straight run). The surface had tiles as material. For the straight runs it was great, but once the material reached the "elbow" it was a total mess of lines. Also tried to rotate one of the lines but it didn't work. Even tried applying a different material to the elbow (duplicated the tile material and rotated it), but no way of getting it to work.

Andre Carvalho

dbaldacchino
2008-08-28, 03:29 AM
I believe that's one of the known issues of 2009. If you recall, in 2008 we weren't even able to see surface patterns on non planar surfaces (maybe a little on single-curve surfaces but surely not on double-curved surfaces). I think currently they're just "aligned" automatically and the user currently has no control over orientation/positioning.

sfaust
2008-08-28, 03:13 PM
hm. bummer. Ok, we will work around it, thanks.