PDA

View Full Version : Can you override snapping/ortho, whatever it's called in Revit? For site area

3dway
2008-08-28, 01:05 PM
I like that Revit tries to keep think lined up nicely. Sometimes I don't want things lined up nicely.

Site lines come to mind. They're always off by a few minutes and seconds. Revit warns me that they're slightly off square. Thank you very much.

I've tried a couple of things:

-draw the line out in space then align it to the property line. Problem here is it jumps back to ortho or whatever when I try to change the length.

For some reason Area Boundries won't draw with the arrow thingy where I can just pick the line.

While I'm on Revit's snapping (which is pretty good except for wall joins, though I'm learning to use the edit profile tool).... I digress..... Can you cange how sensitive the snap is.

When editing profiles and extrusion lines I have to drag them off then back on to get the little lock icon. At some zooms or scales or whatever, you have to drag the line really far to get it to let go. I'd like it to be a little weaker.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-28, 01:26 PM
When dragging the line end, try pressing TAB to override the temporary alignment.

Andre Carvalho

tomnewsom
2008-08-28, 02:17 PM
You just have to work round it, in my experience. For extending 'off-true' lines, I find I have to draw temporary lines out where I want to extend a line to, then Trim to get out that far with the original line.

ajayholland
2008-08-28, 03:49 PM
For some reason Area Boundaries won't draw with the arrow thingy where I can just pick the line.

This is easily overlooked. On the options bar uncheck the box that says, “Apply Area Rules”.

~AJH