PDA

View Full Version : Schedules - Mulitple Columns for "Count by Family Type"

saeborne
2008-08-28, 02:40 PM
Hi all,

I'm not certain if this is possible, but I thought I would ask you experts.

In a number of circumstances, I want my schedules to behave more like an excel spread sheet, with more control over column parameters.

The best way to explain what I'm after is the attached photo. The left is a revit schedule of Parking spaces. The right is an excel document.

In the revit schedule, everything is sorted by level, then by family type.

Notice in the excel file, how the "Self Park Count" is in a separate column from the "Valet Count." This gives me much more information, because the I can see the totals by Type.

Can Revit do this?

I can fake it with multiple schedules, and put them next to each other on a sheet, but I find that this does not work very well, because it's really easy for the rows to get out of sync, from schedule to schedule.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

aggockel50321
2008-08-28, 07:06 PM
If you sort your schedule by parking space type, then floor, you'll get a total for each type by floor, in a vertical fashion, for each type.

Then, if you placed the schedule on a sheet, and split it at each type, and placed them side by side.

Not quite what you want, but it would read across in a row fashion....

Scott Womack
2008-08-29, 10:34 AM
If you sort your schedule by parking space type, then floor, you'll get a total for each type by floor, in a vertical fashion, for each type.

Then, if you placed the schedule on a sheet, and split it at each type, and placed them side by side.

Not quite what you want, but it would read across in a row fashion....

Create a project parameter as an instance, then apply it to the parking category. Then you'll be able to grab a group of spaces, then assign this parameter to either Valet or Self. You'll be able to access this parameter, sort on it, etc.