PDA

View Full Version : Roof Edge Question

wse1
2008-08-28, 09:11 PM
I have added a roof facia to my roofs. From the attached, you can see the facia profile extends beyond the roof face. Any suggestions on how I can drag the roofing surface down to and perhaps abit beyond the profile? Is there a way to independently drag a layer similiar to walls for roofs?

Thanks for the help!

Bill

iankids
2008-08-28, 09:54 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it can't be done. Unlike walls where you can unlock layers and control them separately, roofs remain entirely as one element.

In a documentation sense, I only address it in sections and details using detail lines / masking regions etc.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ian

d.stairmand
2008-08-28, 11:01 PM
Bill
We have a Fascia/Gutter Profile that adds this little bit on!!
Join it to the roof.

sfaust
2008-08-28, 11:16 PM
also, you can't independently drag a layer of a roof, but you could make two roofs and just join them. One would be the structure, and the other the layer you want to extend...

iankids
2008-08-29, 10:26 AM
Hi Dwane,
Very neat solution.

Am I correct in thinking that you add this as a nested family into your fascia / gutter profile so that when you sketch the fascia / gutter this attaches to the roof?

Thanks

Ian

patricks
2008-08-29, 12:46 PM
The problem with the profile, I think, is what if you have a roof that has different slopes on different sides? Say it has a main slope, and then a steeper slope on the hip ends.