PDA

View Full Version : Interger Parameter

charliep
2008-08-29, 10:06 AM
I kmow this is pretty well basic stuff, but, how do I attach an interger parameter to a component?

Scott Womack
2008-08-29, 10:20 AM
You're not really providing enough information. Attaching it to a family, a catagory of objects, and how are you creating the parameter, a Shared parameters, a project parameter, etc. Also what version of Revit?

charliep
2008-08-29, 10:31 AM
You're not really providing enough information. Attaching it to a family, a catagory of objects, and how are you creating the parameter, a Shared parameters, a project parameter, etc. Also what version of Revit?

Here goes - trying to create a coat hanger family trhat is adjustable in length and the number of hangers on the rail. Created the rail using an instance parameter. Wanted to show the hangers, probably different style in different areas, looked at the wash hand basin with vanity family which allows you to vary the number of basins. Created the hanger, arrayed them but can't figure out how to attach the interger parameter to the array.

Scott Womack
2008-08-29, 10:37 AM
Here goes - trying to create a coat hanger family trhat is adjustable in length and the number of hangers on the rail. Created the rail using an instance parameter. Wanted to show the hangers, probably different style in different areas, looked at the wash hand basin with vanity family which allows you to vary the number of basins. Created the hanger, arrayed them but can't figure out how to attach the interger parameter to the array.

The info helps, once you array the item (with grouping turned on) select any one of the arrayed items, You'll see the array number appear. Click on the line just to the right, or left of the number, not on the number itself. You'll then see the pull-down for parameters/labels appear on the bottom toolbar.

charliep
2008-08-29, 03:13 PM
That's where | was going wrong, I was clicking the number.

Thanks Scott.

charliep
2008-09-01, 07:22 PM
I eventually got my coat rail put together. Although it seems to work fine when I flex it, it just won't go into my project drawing. I created the family from the generic wall based template. If anyone can offer a solution I would be most grateful.

Scott Womack
2008-09-02, 11:09 AM
I eventually got my coat rail put together. Although it seems to work fine when I flex it, it just won't go into my project drawing. I created the family from the generic wall based template. If anyone can offer a solution I would be most grateful.

When you say it won't go into your project, what do you mean. Do you get an error message when trying to load it?

charliep
2008-09-02, 03:57 PM
Yes. I get a message "Can't create Coat Rail"

Scott Womack
2008-09-03, 12:38 AM
That is usually due to one of your parameters being set to a value that is invalid in your formulas. Mabe the intervalue is being set to 1, and an array cannot be of one object., or some other value is being set to 0?. This is extremely hard to track down.

charliep
2008-09-04, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your help Scott. I eventually created one that works, trouble is I'm not too sure how I did it.