PDA

View Full Version : Section Linetype

kmichelson
2008-08-29, 03:37 PM
Hello all,

I am trying to utilize different line type styles for the section tool between the section head and the section tail.

For a building section symbol where the view is at ¼” scale.
Line Weight - 1
Line Color - Gray
Line Pattern - Center 5/8"

For a Roof Eave section detail symbol where the view is at 1 1/2" = 1'-0 scale.
Line Weight - 1
Line Color - Black
Line Pattern - Continuous

Upon investigation, the section line type is controlled in the Object Styles --> Annotation Objects. There exists a default sub-category, Broken Section Line, and I am able to create additional subcategories. But, I am unable to apply varying Section lines to my varying section tags.

The Section tags have the ability to modify the head and the tail, but I am unable to modify the section line for my different section tag.

Am I missing the secret button? Or is this a global setting for all section tags?

Thanks,

Kevin Michelson

jeffh
2008-08-29, 04:17 PM
I think you will have to override the line type on an instance by instance basis. There is no way to do this at the type level as you are describing.

kmichelson
2008-08-29, 04:42 PM
Jeff,

Thank you for your response. I am unable to figure out a means to accomplish my goal even on an instance by instance basis. The Linework tool does not allow me to affect the linework of the section line. Is there another means?

Kevin

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-29, 04:46 PM
Jeff,

Thank you for your response. I am unable to figure out a means to accomplish my goal even on an instance by instance basis. The Linework tool does not allow me to affect the linework of the section line. Is there another means?

Kevin

I think what Jeff means is that you can go to a view, select one of your sections marks, right click on it, Select all Instances, right click on it again, Override graphics in view, By element > change the color or line pattern as you want.

The problem is that you have to do that for each view...

Andre Carvalho

kmichelson
2008-08-29, 04:50 PM
Andre,

Got it. The problem with that solution, is that the line weights and patterns of the section head and tail are also overriden. An undesirable result for my purpose.

Kevin