PDA

View Full Version : is there a "this view only" feature.

ray salmon
2008-08-29, 06:01 PM
there some items which i would want to see only in one view only
but when they are created they naturally show up in other views also
by default
is there a way to set the view so that new items in it only show up in that view.

ray

patricks
2008-08-29, 06:11 PM
If you're using worksets, you can create a workset that is off by default in all views, and then just turn it on in that one view.

We typically do this for site elements, furniture, floor finish patterns, etc.

jeffh
2008-08-29, 06:19 PM
You could use phases to do something like this.

ray salmon
2008-08-29, 06:20 PM
mahalo

good idea will use

r

cdetore
2008-08-29, 06:27 PM
You can use a workset to do it. Create a new workset and turn off the option to have it on by default in all views. Then go to your view's Visibility Graphics menu and select the workset tab. There you can selectively turn that workset on in any desired view. Just be sure that the objects you want exclusively in that view are in the appropriate workset.

You could also use a filter if your objects are separable by category. Each view has a filter tab in the V/G menu where you can turn off the visibility of objects which your filter identifies.

CD

Wow! You are folks are quick on the reply!

CD

ray salmon
2008-08-29, 06:30 PM
haven't tried yet.... just a project now that don't want to experiment on

but will worksheets work with levels..... it sometime is usefull to have a particualar level for certain items... but don't want to see it on the final print set

r

cdetore
2008-08-29, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure I follow. If you add a new level to a project file it could be filtered visually but it will not keep other parts of the model from knowing it is there. Only the annotation aspect of the level will be hidden.

You will still be able to make a floor plan for it, place objects on it and constrain objects to it.

What is the reason for wanting to exclude the level?

CD