PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for VBA classes

Ed Jobe
2004-09-23, 04:42 PM
Do you have any ideas for ATP classes relating to VBA? Are there certain topics you would like to have covered? Post to this thread if you do.

msretenovic
2004-09-24, 01:15 PM
I would like to see error handling in VBA.

jcoon
2004-10-22, 09:22 PM
what about arrays & sorting.

Table object and how to stuff string data into it. how do you get the ubound of a group of items to control the length of the rows in a table. How can you get the attribute data into
table. station & offset data with or without land. points data

One thing I notice a lot is people looking for is populating or updating attributes from outside autocad. or exporting atts.

Anything with a batch feature. lets say I need to open 25 dwgs and change a layer color or scale a blocks up or down. how about creating a text insertion script file. select the dwg files location by dialog, point to or paste script text commands between dwq file names path& name. creates a single script for a operation in seconds. change setvar settings like arrowhead size.... you name it. batch, done right can make all of us money.

how to validate textbox or keyin before you run bulk of routine.

label drawings faster. curve data, line data. how about searching a drawing for a layer, have it look for all curves/ines then create curve data for all those items. if curve then
create curve info delta, R, L, T and tag curve with attributes, mtext id or xdata for item number. left or right side of selected alignment as start number. increase until end whatever side. switch other side (-) (+) continue number label.

station and offset from polyline, no alignment. select poly like measure but read arrays or
open text file or excel file. select block in dwg or give dialog box to select symbol.

I can go on and on. anything THAT CAN increase production.

baertrain
2004-10-28, 09:47 PM
WOULD LIKE TO SEE BATCHING FOR LAYER STATES IMPORT. i DEAL WITH A SET OF APPROX 300 DRAWINGS AND NEED TO CHANGE THE LAYER STATES FROM TIME TO TIME. IT WOULD BE HANDY TO BE ABLE TO IMPORT AND RESTORE A LAYER STATE TO ALL DRAWINGS AT ONCE

joeposton
2004-11-16, 03:26 PM
YES!!!... PLEASE make all of the AutoCad VBA Examples (Samples) work so they can be COPIED and PASTED into a blank form and function PROPERLY (ie WORK)

Ed Jobe
2004-11-16, 04:05 PM
We don't necessarily need a class on some of these items. You can just ask for help here in the forums. If you have a specific task, start working on it. For classes, I'm more interested in finding out what "topics" you're interested in. Things like, error handling, variables, OOP, basic vs advanced topics, etc. I suppose we could do a very small project start-to-finish.

wpeacock
2004-11-19, 06:36 AM
I suppose we could do a very small project start-to-finish.

Pre worm attack someone asked what was the best way to learn VB programming when there are very little courses offered in AutoCAD VBA and the reply was first find a course in VB and once you have complete it then come back to this forum for help.

So now I've finished a simple VB course well VB.Net and have a basic understanding of variables, looping etc.etc. and would now love to do a project from start to finish, just nice and simple kind of pigeon fashion.

Can we start this Monday?????

Ed Jobe
2004-11-19, 04:17 PM
You want it when? :lol: This question was more directed toward eliciting content for ATP classes.

joeposton
2004-11-23, 04:55 PM
I have been Faculty on AUGI classes (ATP) in the PAST...
I also have some VBA classes on the internet... FEE PAID... Home work... GRADES
Teach VBA classes at Local Users Groups (TBAUG) ... THEY HAVE HOME-WORK...

I am making a VBA Examples insert presently... Geometrical Designs for PHYSICS...
We could use this is a VBA class that gives some functional aspects of VBA...

I would like to see HOW MANY are truley interested in a VBA BEGINNING Class...
that has VBA code that will function in many other VBA projects... many examples...

Ed Jobe
2004-11-29, 05:19 PM
Watch the ATP in January.

ike.eisenstadt
2004-12-11, 02:31 PM
OOP info is interesting to me---I know a little about it--I have programmed in lots of different languages over the years, but have little understanding of the nut and bolts of OOP (constructors destructors and the like). I think the first time I heard of it was in Turbo Pascal 5.0. I have a feeling that I would pick it up pretty quickly, and that it would help my coding. I know that VBA is Object Oriented, and I can work in it, but cant always explain or figure out why something works or doesn't.

Ed Jobe
2004-12-13, 04:11 PM
I was thinking about that. That would definitely be an advanced class. VBA is only half-oop, whereas the .NET languages are full-oop. (Did I just coin some new phrases?) IOW, not all OOP features are implemented in VBA. I talk about some of what applies to VBA in my Jan ATP class. Also, here is a link to a recorded MSDN webcast (https://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/WebCastRegistrationConfirmation.aspx?culture=en-US&RegistrationID=5334934&CountryCode=US) on the subject.